Wednesday, February 24, 2010
The Volunteer Unit of Irish Aid has agreed to fund five experienced Irish candidates with the United Nations Volunteer (UNV) programme. These placements are part of the ongoing Irish Aid-UNV partnership programme to promote international volunteering in overseas development. While the UNV has a register of interested Irish individuals, it has requested additional CVs from Irish individuals who would be interested in working as an Irish Aid funded UNV volunteer overseas. The five positions are as follows. Full terms of reference and further details can be accessed on the Irish Aid website at www.irishaid.gov.ie (About/Volunteering).
- HIV/Nutrition Specialist with the World Food Programme, Mozambique
- Nutrition Officer with the World Health Organisation, Mozambique
- Public Health and Nutrition Specialist with the Food and Agriculture Organisation, Laos
- Gender Specialist with the United Nations Development Programme, Vietnam
- UNV Programme Officer with the World Food Programme, Cambodia
Interested candidates should apply to join the UNV roster at http://one.unv.org/main/?Lang=en as soon as possible and emailing an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 March indicating the position for which they wish to apply. Please note that candidates need to have a minimum of 5 years work experience in their field of studies after university education. For more information regarding job descriptions, please contact Jill Corish, E: email@example.com, T: 01 854 6927.
All the lastest news from Volunteering Options. Please subscribe to our feed to receive automatic updates to your news reader.