Welcome to the Gallery
If you would like to submit photos from your volunteering experiences, we would be delighted to hear from you. As signatories to the Dóchas Code of Conduct on Images and Messages we are committed to a set of principles that avoid stereotypical or sensational images. Please ensure these principles have been considered before submitting photos to us. This code includes seven broad principles to consider when using images:
- Choose images and relate message based on the values of respect, equality, solidarity and justice.
- Truthfully represent any image or depicted situation both in its immediate and in its wider context so as to improve public understanding of the realities and complexities of development.
- Avoid images and messages that potentially stereotype, sensationalise or discriminate against people, situations or places.
- Use images, messages and case studies with the full understanding, participation and permission of the subjects (or the subject’s parents/guardians).
- Ensure those whose situations are being represented have the opportunity to communicate their stories themselves.
- Establish and record whether the subjects wish to be named or identifiable and always act accordingly.
- Conform to the highest standards in relation to human rights and protection of vulnerable people.
For a full copy of the Code please follow this link: www.dochas.ie/documents/Guide_to_Code.pdf
Please email email@example.com with your photos, including details of the country in which you volunteered and photo captions.
Please choose a continent: