A one-day participatory workshop for people interested in volunteering overseas in a developing country.
Who should attend?
This course is open to anyone considering volunteering or working overseas for global development (both short-term and long-term).
What is covered?
This participatory one-day workshop covers the following topics:
- An introduction to development
- The role of the volunteer/development worker
- Motivations and expectations for volunteering
- Types of volunteering opportunities available
- Possibilities for getting involved in global development from Ireland
What does the course achieve?
- A space for people who are considering volunteering overseas to meet, explore & discuss the issues informally
- An introduction to development issues
- An opportunity to consider critical perspectives on volunteering and to reflect on good practice in overseas volunteering
- An opportunity to meet with recently returned volunteers and development workers
How much does it cost?
€15 Comhlámh member/student or unwaged
€30 non-member (waged)
(Lunch, tea and coffee included)
Previous participants have said:
“Valuable and interesting”
“I found the group interaction excellent. It was great to listen to other peoples views on development issues”
When and where?
6th October, 9.45am- 5pm at the Irish Aid Volunteering and Information Centre, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1
How can I book?
Download a booking form here. Or contact email@example.com call 01-4783490 for more information.